John Mac Namara
Phone: +353 61 400580
Address: BCM House, 18 Mallow Street, Limerick, Ireland
John is the founder and current Chief Executive of BCM Limited, a world leading firm specialising in Cost Reduction and Revenue Growth for a wide variety of clients.
John founded BCM in 1993 and has grown the business to having offices in multiple countries. BCM focuses on identification and implementation of savings across a wide variety of approximately 40 categories of spend including printing, packaging, stationery, electricity, communications, food, transport, labour, etc. BCM has a unique selling point in that it only charges its clients a % of the savings achieved thus making the No Savings, No Charge offering risk free for clients.
BCM also specialises in growing SMEs in terms of revenue and profitability. BCM provides a hands-on marketing, sales, operations and finance service to SMEs which typically doubles or trebles the revenue and profitability of the organisation in question. This service also operates a No Results, No Charge fee structure thus ensuring the client takes no risk in engaging BCM.
John & BCMs business accolades from various organisations, are as a result of diverse developments over many years since the inception of BCM:
- Uniquely, John is a 2-time Entrepreneur of the Year winner in 2009 and 2012.
- 2016 in recognition of its success in the franchising world, BCM is awarded the Best Irish Franchise Trading Internationally by the IFA at its annual award ceremony.
- 2018 John is also the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award from the All-Ireland Business Foundation.
- 2019 at the Business All-Star Accreditation prize giving ceremony, BCM was awarded Franchise Business Consultant of the year for 2020. The awards obtained signifies an independently verified standard mark for indigenous businesses, based on rigorous selection criteria, with a quality mark signifying it meets the highest standards of service and trust. The adjudicating panel carry out an evaluation of a companys background, its trustworthiness and performance.
- In recognition of BCM Ltd. outstanding contribution to the eTendering community, BCM was awarded the All Star eTender Service Provider in 2021.
- Since 2015 John is the Entrepreneur-In-Residence at Limerick Institute of Technology and National Franchise Centre. The focus of the Entrepreneur program at University of Limerick is around developing students entrepreneurial behaviour and generating business opportunities. The programme provides students with the specialist knowledge and a practical understanding of the key tasks required to establish, manage and grow a new venture in a challenging international business environment whilst building the students network of professional contacts in the area of small business.
- John is a former Senior Manager with Tellabs Limited, a large US hi-tech multinational. With this company John was primarily used as a trouble-shooter to set up new departments and structures and to turn around poorly performing functional areas. John held a total of 9 positions over a 10-year period in this regard. Prior to this, John worked in various engineering and supervisory positions with Pako Limited in Limerick and Westinghouse in the USA.
- John is an electronics engineering graduate of Limerick University and also has a diploma in Business Studies. He is a strong innovator with exceptional project management skills and has wide ranging experience in start-ups of both small and medium sized organisations.
- John is active outside of work also with an extensive agenda of community development interests being the founder of his local Community Centre, Drama Society, Historical Society, Choir and more.